Monday, August 31, 2009

MY COOLAGE DAYS-1

Well Friends this is a continuation of my HAPPY DAYS(i know you are murmuring that song of Happy DAYs movie......).I will try to take you through a not-so-short trip in to 2nd and 3rd year of my Engineering....Well to be frank with you all dont expect me to open up all the stuffs.
My 2nd year started with a very cool classroom filled with complete strangers.I was excited to see some old faces and quite a good amount of new faces(girls mostly.......). I decided to sit with Debashish(who had changed his branch from electrical to ours) towards the last bench.We had been roomates in 1st year and so it was obvious we enjoyed each others company a lot(dat was going to change shortly.......).I had shifted from "mahek mess" to a nearby mess with my friend Shubankar(another B.C...no friends not dat.....B.C. means Branch Change).First few days in the new mess was full of masti,fun and laughter with Subhankar.Then came the harder part(I dont think this is a good place to discuss that stuff....).
In the class,I was unable to remember the names of our girls except Manisha Mishra(she prefers to be called MM for obvoius reasons).She had secured a very good CG in the previous semester(pleasse friends dont ask how much..we cant score such high marks...).I also recognised some other faces like Abhishek Paricha(Mr Hero),Manoj Jena(Secretary......),Abhijeet Rout(my childhood friend),Pallisri Roy(my friend from Ravenshaw 1st year),Pallavi Dhanuka,Sujit Baral(The Silent killer...).
Soon i realised that sitting in last bench and being called a backbencher wont satisfy me and I had to move forward.I sat with Abhisekh panda in 3rd bench.Soon i made friendship with Manoj.He was there with me anytime and anyplace(this irritated me in the beginning but later i got used to it and now we are very good friends).Then i introduced my new friends with old friends and we started to mix up.I remember 1 day when i asked a series of question to Sushree mam(she is the mam who remembered everyones name and redg. number in a jiffy),a boy from my backside got irritated and asked me to stop.This was Subhasish Dutta(Xcess power bestowed upon him) .He had with him Shasank(who has a problem with oriya),Siddharth Pal(Hum uski POOJA karte hain),Saswat Patra(Intelligent from the beginning).How can i forget Stithapragnya Mishra(Rab-Ne-Bana-Di-Jodi ya fir Ghajini....... ).
At that time I was too serious for studies(yes go ahead and call me a geek....i wont mind).After first internal,when marks of a particular paper was declareed,i asked Manisha how much she scored out of sheer curiosity and the look she gave back was furious (I stiil dont know
why she behaves that way... may b thats her way to treat classmates..never mind).Then i came to know that she is the epitome of reserved and traditional girl who will not even share a water bottle with her friends.Well no hard feelings though...
One day,Manoj inquired me about a girl having regd. no. 19 .Some senior staying in Manojs mess was a friend of this girls elder sister in C.V.Raman College.This was non other than Ankita Samal(The persuader to write this blog!! and my very good friend).At that time,we were complete strangers and i had not recognised her once in class(at that time almost a month and half had passed).After Manoj's query,we waited for the roll call and that was the first time i marked her. A lot of water has passed since then under the brigde of friendship.Now we are very good friends.
Lets go inside our DEC laboratory.The labs were good but not satisfactory to us.Sabya,Rajesh,Kiran and me were the group mates in this lab.We always frowned upon the group of Sujit baral,Silpa mohanty and co.They used to finish every assignment in a matter of seconds(...actually they took minutes....) and this was what we were unable to accept(this is because you cannot complete an experiment in a jiffy if you have not manipulated with the experiment ...).I would some times cross check Sujit and Silpa's copy for my satisfaction.But they were honest guys(...atleast that was what we know till now..). Sujit and Silpa are B.C. also.Sujit is a man of few words and Silpa is best friend (actually the only good friend) of Manisha.
Some how with friends and masti we finished dat semester.I was experiencing old feelings..way past from school days.Then in between we had a section makeover and people got transferred from sec A to B and vice verse.Again new friends and new expressions. but this time we had made good friends circle.Sabya,chandan,manoj,rajesh had become the habitual faces with whom i used to interact.A new group consisting of myself ,Sabya,Manoj,Ankita and Sweta had also started. It was gaining momentum and i was going berserk....Some how we transited to 3rd year.
This time i saw many changes in myself. I had a horrible tumult with Ankita ..but that was opening of a stronger and more faithful friendship with her. After that we avoided each other for somedays on the face..(but hona toh kuch aur hi tha.....)Sabyasachi got us going together again and after that ALL IZZ WELL with our friendship.(...Saal bhar we had masti,humesha silpa ke naam main PJ banate the and usko sunate the net pe chatting ke time...Silpa ke saath toh aaj bhi mera 36 ka ankda hai..)Hey Silpa,that was for masti yaar.Dont mind.U have given us a lot of laughing stuff.We owe that to you.
Manoj.... bhaijaan toh abhi tak 1st year waali ke gum main the.....par achanak ek din phone aaya raat ko and manoj says that he has proposed some junior.(..Sach batao manoj kya piya tha uss din evening ko..he is not a boozer guys...) Manoj was passing sleepless nights in his new found love and we were there to tease him and encourage him.He still has that post-new-found-love symptom sometimes....He is realy a very good friend and a good person as well.
Sweta ...well she is lucky girl i should say and she is always busy with her phone.She is a kind of girl who never has any tension except for her mobile-wala[:)]. She is very ambitious and she is going to reach places some day in future.Mobile wale bhaiyaji se bhi usne milwaya apne Birthday pe.He is a very down to earth guy.Sweta pls check battery charge of your phone...
Ankita...where should i start about her.She is my very good friend and she has taught me a lot on lot of things and we have a very good rapport on and off the class. She is a girl who will stand by your side at bad times if you happen to be her good friend.She can and has sacrificed a lot to keep friendship and i have respect for her truely(...Baki usko bhi mobile ke symptoms aate hain ..)
Sabyasachi...We call him BAPA for fun because of his silhouette...He has turned from angry young man to a good friend of mine.He has always been my motivator...pyar,padhai,campus kuch bhi ho he knows how to extract the pearl.His favorite pass time is listening to songs in his lappy with lights closed and he has this passion of writing. (Kisiko biographer chahiye toh abhi se book karwa lo..fir mat kehna ki cost cutting karwa de yaar...).
Chandan...he is my spiritual guru.(actually he is the coder of our group..)humare group main wohi sabse accha code likhta hai.Code uska nasha hai and passion bhi.Dost google dur nahin ab.
Tujhe yaahan nahin IIT ya fir IIIT main hona chahiye.We call him china for fun and he eats too little.Pata nahin kab apna hi ek company khol de .

Baki 4rth year ki baatein i will be telling in my next blog....To be continued........






2 comments: